ASA Supported Procurement Priorities in the FY23 National Defense Act
As Congress continues to draft the FY23 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), ASA supports the following procurement priorities to be included in it:
- ensuring that small business construction contractors receive timely payment for change orders;
- reauthorizing the wastewater assistance funding for the planning, design, and construction improvements of sewers, treatment works, and appropriate connections for wastewater treatment to eligible communities;
- correcting detrimental and complicated effect of the FAR Credits Clause on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for highway and public transportation projects under cost-reimbursement contracts;
- removing barriers preventing rural communities from using Economic Development Authority (EDA) grants to expand access to high-speed broadband internet; and
- providing flexibility when requesting qualification for architectural and engineering services on a task or delivery order.