ASA Vision: The American Subcontractors Association is recognized as the united voice dedicated to improving the business environment in the construction industry.
ASA Mission: The American Subcontractors Association amplifies the voice of and leads trade contractors to improve the business environment for the construction industry and to serve as a steward for the community.
ASA Values: The ideals and beliefs of ASA are ethical and equitable business practices, quality construction, a safe and healthy work environment, integrity and membership diversity.
ASA Professional Standards of Practice for Construction Subcontractors
FASA Founders & Patrons
ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics Program
ASA will honor selected firms that demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external integrity during an awards ceremony at the ASA annual convention, SUBExcel 2018, Feb. 28-March 3, 2018, in Tempe, Arizona.
- Watch the Excellence in Ethics Video.
- Download the 2017 ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics Brochure.
- Download the 2017 ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics Application.
- ASA provides useful model documents to help with your submission and your ethics program. View the 2017 ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics Resources Guide.
- Download the 2017 ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics Timeline.
- ASA’s Certificate of Excellence in Ethics Program Q&A LinkedIn Group—a forum for getting answers to your questions about the awards and application process. This forum includes current award recipients who have been through the application process and are willing to help guide new applicants through their application process.
- Recipients of the 2016 ASA Certificate of Excellence in Ethics may re-apply for 2017 using the Re-Certification Form.
- Application deadline is Dec. 15, 2017.
ASA National Construction Best Practices Awards
ASA offers national recognition to prime contractors that are committed to superior business practices like prompt payment. ASA’s annual National Construction Best Practices Awards, developed by the Task Force on Ethics in the Construction Industry, recognize elite prime contractors that uphold best practices and refuse to do business according to the “lowest common denominator.” The deadline for prime contractors to submit applications is Nov. 3, 2017. The application fee is $495. Each prime-contractor applicant must supply three sealed business-practices recommendations from specialty trade contractors that have worked for it in the past year, along with a copy of its standard subcontract, with its application. ASA will honor recipients during an awards ceremony at the ASA annual convention, SUBExcel 2018, Feb. 28-March 3, 2018, in Tempe, Arizona.
ASA Chapters: Download the ASA Chapter Guideline for Processing the 2017 National Construction Best Practices Award and other materials under “Industry Relations” in the ASA Chapter Toolbox.