Next Week! Upcoming ASA Webinar: "Project Documentation 101"
ASA invites you to join us on August 10th, 2022 at Noon Eastern for the upcoming webinar, "Project Documentation 101", presented by outgoing ASA President Brian Carroll, Managing Partner at Sanderford & Carroll, P.C.. This webinar will help you discover simple and easy ways to document your projects.
Primary Practice Areas
Construction Litigation, TxDOT Claims, Heavy Civil Construction, Mediator Brian is a managing partner with the firm. Licensed since 2002, the primary focus of Brian's practice is representing contractors and subcontractors in the construction industry. In addition to earning a law degree, he holds a Bachelor's of Science in Architectural Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to pursuing a law degree, Brian worked as a design engineer for two of the preeminent civil engineering firms in the nation. He uses his knowledge of TxDOT design and highway engineering to represent highway contractors and assist them in evaluating, preparing and litigating claims arising out of TxDOT projects. In addition to serving as an advocate, Brian is also a certified mediator. His mediation practice is not limited to construction, but instead covers all manner of civil disputes. He has also taught senior and graduate level courses in contracts, liability, and engineering ethics at the University of Texas School of Engineering. Brian was certified in the inaugural class of Board Certified Construction Lawyers.
Brian's practice focuses on the representation of general contractors and subcontractors on both private and public sector projects. Disputes typically involve performance, payment, construction defects, terminations, surety law and design. He regularly assists clients in preparing and negotiating claims, contracts and other complex agreements.
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S. Architectural Engineering, 1998)
- Baylor University (J.D., 2002) Admitted
- State Bar of Texas (2002)
- U.S. District Court (Western, Southern, and Northern Districts of Texas) Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Section)
- Bell County Bar Association
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers Published Cases
- State of Texas v. Mid-South Pavers, 246 S.W.3d 711 (Tex. App. - Austin 2007, pet. denied)
- U.S. ex. Rel. United Rentals, Inc. v. Hartford Fire Ins. Co., 339 F.Supp.2d 799 (W.D. Texas, 2004)