Education & Events
When managing complex projects and complex businesses and business relationships, professional development is the solution to "keeping up with it all."
ASA Chapter Toolbox for ASA Chapter Leaders and Staff
ASA provides educational events and tools to support ASA chapters. ASA chapter volunteers and chapter staff can earn credit toward ASA certificates recognizing their educational achievement on behalf of their chapters.
ASA/FASA Education for Construction Subcontractors
ASA and the Foundation of ASA offer subcontractor-tailored events and education nationwide, including:
Participants in ASA/FASA events and education can earn Continuing Professional Development credits, where CPD credit hours are noted. CPD credit is required to maintain the Certified Professional Constructor designation of the AIC Constructor Certification Commission.
ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards Program
ASA will honor selected firms that demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external integrity during an awards ceremony at the ASA annual convention, SUBExcel, March 26-29, 2015, in Seattle, Washington.
- Watch the Excellence in Ethics Awards Video.
- Download the 2014 Excellence in Ethics Awards Brochure.
- Download the 2014 ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards Application.
- ASA provides useful model documents to help with your submission and your ethics program. View the 2014 Excellence in Ethics Awards Resource Guide.
- Download the 2014 ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards Timeline.
- ASA's Excellence in Ethics Awards Program Q&A LinkedIn Group — a forum for getting answers to your questions about the award and application process. This forum includes current award recipients who have been through the application process and are willing to help guide new applicants through their application process.
- Recipients of the 2013 ASA Excellence in Ethics Awards may re-apply for 2014 using the Re-Certification Form.
- Application deadline is Dec. 12, 2014.
ASA National Construction Best Practices Awards
ASA offers national recognition to prime contractors that are committed to superior business practices like prompt payment. ASA’s annual National Construction Best Practices Awards, developed by the Task Force on Ethics in the Construction Industry, recognize elite prime contractors that uphold best practices and refuse to do business according to the “lowest common denominator.” The deadline for prime contractors to submit applications is Nov. 21, 2014. The application fee is $495. Each prime-contractor applicant must supply three sealed business-practices recommendations from specialty trade contractors that have worked for it in the past year, along with a copy of its standard subcontract, with its application. ASA will honor recipients during an awards ceremony at the ASA annual convention, SUBExcel, March 26-29, 2015, in Seattle, Washington.
- Watch the National Construction Best Practices Award Video.
- Download the 2014 National Construction Best Practices Award Flier.
- Prime contractors: Download the 2014 National Construction Best Practices Award Application Form.
- Specialty trade contractors: Download the 2014 National Construction Best Practices Award Form for Evaluating the Applicant's Business Practices.
- ASA Chapters: Download the ASA Chapter Guideline for Processing the 2014 National Construction Best Practices Award and other materials under "Industry Relations" in the ASA Chapter Toolbox.