ASA/FASA Publish 2017-18 Education Catalog of Tools and Resources for Subcontractors
American Subcontractors Association, Inc.
1004 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314-3588 • www.asaonline.com • www.subexcel.com
FOR RELEASE June 30, 2017
Contact: Marc Ramsey, (703) 684-3450, Ext. 1321, email@example.com
ASA/FASA Publish 2017-18 Education Catalog of Tools and Resources to Help Subcontractors Succeed in Today’s Business World
ALEXANDRIA, Va.—The American Subcontractors Association and the Foundation of ASA are providing construction subcontractors with the latest strategies and ideas to manage their businesses with videos-on-demand, webinars, and other resources on such topics as technology, retainage, mechanic’s liens, negotiation strategies, and human resources.
The 2017-18 edition of the ASA/FASA Construction Subcontractor’s Education Catalog showcases the newest education programs (live and recorded), books, and downloadable manuals that ASA and FASA offer to help subcontractors meet the demands of working in today’s construction industry.
ASA and FASA have developed dozens of education programs and products for subcontractors, including these new videos-on-demand:
- Technology & Transparency (Item #8105) by Stephane McShane, Maxim Consulting Group ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- Killer Contract Clauses (Item #8104) by Russell O’Rourke, Meyers Roman Friedberg & Lewis ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- Prompt Payment and How/When to Suspend Work (Item #8103) by Jason Ebe, Esq., Snell & Wilmer, LLP ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- Incentive Compensation Plan Best Practices (Item #8102) by Mike Rose, Ph.D., FMI ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- OSHA Silica Rule—Applications for Subcontractors (Item #8101) by Gary Visscher, Esq., Law Office of Adele L. Abrams PC (Complimentary)
- Cost Coding Made Simple (Item #8100) by Anwar Hafeez, SDC & Associates Inc. ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- OSHA Transgender Bathroom Requirements (Item #8099) by Jamie Hasty, SESCO (Complimentary)
- Most Popular Benefits Employees Are Purchasing Without Employer Contributions (Item #8098) by Dan Cahn, Benefit Solutions Today (Complimentary)
- Change Orders—The Bane of All Subcontractors (Item #8096) by Joseph Sweeney, Sweeney, Mason, Wilson & Bosomworth, ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- Is Your Cash Working for You? Understanding the Competitive Advantage of Cash Management (Item #8095) by Kevin Jacobs and Aaron McFarland, Moss-Adams ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- OSHA Illness/Injury Data Collection Requirements (Item #8094) by Jamie Hasty, SESCO (Complimentary)
- Using the ASA Subcontract Documents Suite (Item #8093) by Eric Travers, Esq., Kegler, Brown, Hill & Ritter ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
- DOL Overtime Rule (Item #8092) by Jamie Hasty, SESCO (Complimentary)
- Sleeper Clauses—Contract Clauses That’ll Make You Lose Sleep at Night (Item #8091) by Daniel F. McLennon, Esq., Smith, Currie & Hancock, LLP ($65/members; $95/nonmembers)
The catalog also highlights the ASA/FASA education webinars series for 2017-18. Each webinar will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Eastern time:
- Aug. 8, 2017—“The Devil’s Triangle: Understanding the Overlap Between the FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Compensation Laws” by Philip J. Siegel, Hendrick, Phillips, Salzman & Flatt ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Aug. 22, 2018—“Self-Funded Healthcare for Subcontractors” by Andrea Aker, Redirect Health (Complimentary)
- Sept. 12, 2017—“Lean Construction” by Ashley Colburn, Hoar Construction ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Sept. 26, 2017—“How to Have a Multi-Million Dollar Impact by Asking ‘One More Question’” by Eric Anderton, Professional Leadership Coach and Trainer ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Oct. 10, 2017—“Technology and Transparency” by Stephane McShane, Maxim Consulting Group ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Oct. 24, 2017—“Using Drones: What Subcontractors Need to Know” by Brian Esler, P.C., and Seth Row, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Nov. 14, 2017—“Employment Law Mistakes Most Commonly Made by Subcontractors” by Philip J. Siegel, Hendrick, Phillips, Salzman & Flatt ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Dec. 12, 2017—“Ownership Succession Planning” by Stephen Bonebrake, Maxim Consulting Group ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Jan. 9, 2018—“Indemnity and Hold Harmless” by Lee B. Brumitt, Esq., Dysart Taylor Cotter McMonigle & Montemore, P.C. ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Jan. 23, 2017—“How the Difference Between Extra Work and Additional Work Can Impact Claims for Payment” by Stephen Moore and James Morris, Galloway Johnson Tompkins Burr & Smith ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- Feb. 13, 2018—“Getting Better Subcontracts” by Eric Travers, Esq., Kegler, Brown, Hill and Ritter ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- April 10, 2018—“Lien & Bond Claims” by Timothy Woolford, Esq., Woolford Law, P.C. ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- May 8, 2018—“Change Orders” by Joe Katz, Esq., Huddles Jones Sorteberg & Dachille, P.C. ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
- June 12, 2018—“Cash Management” by James L. Salmon, Esq., Benjamin, Yocum & Heather, LLC ($99 for ASA members; $179 for Nonmembers)
Register online for these webinars via the ASA Web site by clicking on “Register for an Event.”
The ASA/FASA education catalog also spotlights the ConsensusDocs 700 series of contract documents for subcontractors. ASA is a founding member of the ConsensusDocs coalition, which publishes a library of 100-plus contracts and documents that incorporate best practices and fairly allocate risk to help reduce costly contingencies and adversarial negotiations. ASA members can use the promotional code ASA100 to receive a special member discount off these ASA-endorsed documents when ordering online via the ConsensusDocs Web site.
Founded in 1966, ASA amplifies the voice of, and leads, trade contractors to improve the business environment for the construction industry and to serve as a steward for the community. The ideals and beliefs of ASA are ethical and equitable business practices, quality construction, a safe and healthy work environment, and integrity and membership diversity.
FASA was established in 1987 as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity to support research, education and public awareness. Through its Contractors’ Knowledge Network, FASA is committed to forging and exploring the critical issues shaping subcontractors and specialty trade contractors in the construction industry. FASA provides subcontractors and specialty trade contractors with the tools, techniques, practices, attitude and confidence they need to thrive and excel in the construction industry.
Top of page | View All Articles from Jun 2017