ASA Webinars: Tips for Participating
- Prepare for 90 minutes on the webinar. Plan accordingly.
- Prepare questions prior to the webinar.
- Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements (distributed by email). High-speed Internet is strongly recommended.
- Test your Internet connection, if necessary, in advance of the webinar.
General Webinar Etiquette
- Call and log in from a quiet location. Mute your phone if you are using a speakerphone. Do not use cell phones or cordless phones.
- Don't use the hold button if your phone system has built in background music or announcements.
Avoid paper rustling.
- There will be a Q-and-A period at the end of the webinar, time-permitting.
- To ask a question, use the Q&A tab in your toolbar.
- When speaking during the call, speak clearly. Slow down if you are a "fast talker."
- Be aware of the impact of accents and slow down accordingly.
Attention & Engagement
- Try to stay focused and take notes during the call.
- Caution with multitasking - some is unavoidable; you may miss some important information.
- Side discussions with other participants are strongly discouraged.
- Take notes and use for follow up.
- Assist in making sure the call is promptly ended.