News & Periodicals
Get the latest industry news with ASA news and periodicals.
The Contractor’s Compass
ASA COO Video Blog
- Get the latest news from ASA.
ASA in the News
Links below are to external sites and do not imply ASA endorsement of linked sites or their contents.
- In-Demand Craft Workers Gain Signing Bonuses, Engineering News-Record, May 16, 2018.
- Attracting the next generation of construction pros, Grand Rapids (Mich.) Business Journal, April 30, 2018.
- KSU Grain Science & Industry Advisory Council selects new chair [former ASA assistant director of government relations Robb MacKie], World-Grain.com, April 12, 2018.
- Why top lawyers avoid a deadbeat like Trump, Capitol Hill Blue, April 9, 2018.
- Ace Glass Invests Nearly $4M In New Facility, Arkansas Business, March 21, 2018.
- Kahua Collaborates with ConsensusDocs in Major Update to Qualify App, PRWeb, March 14, 2018.
- ASA Elects Courtney Little of ACE Glass Construction as Association President, Glass Magazine, March 12, 2018.
- ACE Glass Construction President to Lead National Organization, Arkansas Business, March 8, 2018.
- ASA Honors Individuals, Companies in Awards Ceremony During SUBExcel 2018, Construction Equipment Guide, March 8, 2018.
- The Difference Between Extra Work and Additional Work, Painting Pro Times, Feb. 13, 2018.
- Q&A with Cary DeHart: Drones, other technology significantly speeding construction times, The Oklahoman, Dec. 28, 2017.
- Kentucky Supreme Court, American Subcontractors Association: Construction Owner ‘Unjustly Enriched’ When Subcontractor Goes Unpaid, Construction Equipment Guide, Dec. 21, 2017.
- Bracing HVAC equipment for seismic activity, Contractor magazine, Dec. 14, 2017.
- Construction subcontractors learning about overlap between FMLA, ADA, and workers’ comp laws with new FASA video-on-demand, World Fence News, December 2017, page 94 .
- Related’s Floyd Warkol among Tech Titans honored by Brooklyn Tech Alumni, Real Estate Weekly, Dec. 1, 2017.
- Insureds must be able to depend on workers’ comp policies and Texas laws to protect them against risks, ASA and others in construction industry argue, World Fence News, November 2017, page 77.
- The Top 600: When Will the Hot Market Cool Off?, Engineering News-Record, Oct. 18, 2017.
- Where Is All the Knowledge Going?, Procore Technologies Jobsite, Oct. 10, 2017.
- ASA Advises Construction Employees on OSHA Ruling, Glass Magazine, Sept. 18, 2017.
- The goal: Make construction sexy again, Rose Law Group Reporter, Sept. 5, 2017.
- Kahua Expands Subcontractor Solution with Acquisition of Industry Leader Project DocControl, benzinga, Aug. 30, 2017.
- The rest of the story – life as a subcontractor, Total Landscape Care, July 28, 2017.
- Subcontracting: Both sides of the coin, Total Landscape Care, July 27, 2017.
- San Antonio’s Construction Boom Up Against Labor Shortage, ABC-KSAT 12, San Antonio, Texas, July 12, 2017.
- Specialty Contracting Today: Finding Solutions, Engineering News-Record, Summer 2017.
- Mission of Collaboration: ASA Georgia Champions Cooperative Workforce Solutions, The Blue Book Atlanta & North Central Georgia: The Who’s Who in Building & Construction, Spring 2017.
- Kansas Subcontractors and Suppliers Secure Construction Project Payment Protections, Glass Magazine, April 14, 2017.
- Rep. DeFazio files $500b transportation infrastructure bill, American Shipper, March 27, 2017.
- Business News: ASA of Central Pennsylvania Named ASA Chapter of the Year (Under 50 Members), Penn Live, March 24, 2017.
- Sterling Risk Advisors announces major expansion in Arkansas, Marietta (Ga.) Daily Journal, March 9, 2017.
- Gasoline Prices at the Pump Could Jump Under Sacramento Bill, LB (Long Beach, Calif.) Report, March 2017.
- Preferred Insurance Services, Inc. Promotes Ryan Hogan to Partner, PRWeb, Feb. 23, 2017.
- Colorado construction defects bill opposed by groups it is designed to help, Colorado Springs (Colo.) Gazette, Feb. 9, 2017.
- Newsmakers: Murray Securus announces promotions, Reading Eagle (Pa.) Business Weekly, Jan. 31, 2017.
- Foundation of ASA Updates Its Lien, Bond Claims Manual in 50 States, Construction Equipment Guide, Jan. 30, 2017.
- Foundation of ASA Updates Lien & Bond Claims in the 50 States, a Manual to Help Construction Subcontractors Identify Their Rights in Each State, Construction Equipment Guide, Jan. 11, 2017.